Texas 529 College Savings Plans for
Tomorrow’s Higher Education
Whether you’re interested in a two-year program or a four-year degree, the state of Texas offers you ways to save easily and effectively. Texas now offers two plans, giving you the flexibility to select the plan or combination of plans that will work best for you. Each plan offers several investment and payment options to fit your needs.
Remember... the more you save now, the less you’ll borrow — and pay interest on — later.
A Texas Prepaid Plan
The Texas Tuition Promise Fund will allow Texans to lock in tomorrow’s college tuition costs at today’s prices. This plan:
- allows you to prepay all or part of the required tuition and fee costs for a college education at a Texas two- or four-year public institution.
- lets you save for your child from birth up to three years prior to college enrollment.
- can also be used at private and out-of-state colleges and universities.
A Texas Savings Plan
The Texas College Savings Plan is a qualified 529 savings plan that offers:
- 20 different investment portfolios;
- a choice of savings options;
- tax-free growth for your investment; and
- tax-free withdrawals on earnings used for qualified higher education expenses, including books, room and board, transportation and more.
Other Texas College Savings Plans
Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan (formerly the Texas Tomorrow Fund)
Offered as the original Texas pre-paid plan.
NOTE: This plan is currently closed to new enrollment.
LoneStar 529 Savings Plan
Investors who prefer the professional guidance of an investment representative may want to choose LoneStar 529 Plan.
NOTE: Purchasing through an investment representative will incur additional fees.